Hi All! It’s Jessica from The Organized Mama back to share an easy, decorative, DIY time capsule, making it easy to save all of your momentos from 2014. (Along with having something cute to decorate your house with!)
While thinking back about all that has happened this year, I wanted to make a place to store all of our memories from this year. Thinking of something like a time capsule that I could display around the house was what I had envisioned so I could go back to that place and find momentos from all of the exciting things that happened in 2014!
- I started by purchasing a decorative suitcase from Michaels Craft Store. You can use any sort of storage bin, but this vintage
suitcase fit the decor of our house.
- I wanted to make it festive, and special, so I decided to add tags that say 2014. To hang the tags, I decided that I would use decorative knobs and twine. The knobs I found were at a thrift store, but Anthropologie has adorable knobs that would be perfect for this project as well! I feel that by adding little touches, it gives the time capsule a more interesting and special feeling!
- Being incredibly careful, I drilled a hole into one side of the suitcase. Then using a laser level, I shined the light through the hole, making sure it was level, and marked where to drill the second hole. I screwed in the knobs to both sides of the suitcase.
- Taking some twine, I wrapped and tied it to one knob. Then I did the same thing to the other side.
- Then I added the tags using decorative scrapbooking clips, ribbon and stickers!
Now I can start filling the time capsule with all of the momentos from 2014!
A lot has happened this year and I am looking forward to reminiscing through all of our memories of 2014 on New Years Eve with my hubby!
Wishing you all a happy and healthy New Year! Thanks again for letting me visit! And please check me out over at The Organized Mama where you can find inspiration to stay crafty and organized!
Stay connected to see what else this organized momma is creating:
A HUGE thanks to Jessica for taking over our site for the weekend, whoo hoo! We love the idea of having a year-end storage and hers is just too cute. 🙂 Check out a few other projects from The Organized Momma like her Holiday Gift Organizer Printable or her tips on keeping your playroom organized: