It wasn’t until recently that I discovered some smaller restaurants have a secret menu. There are usually just a handful of dishes that aren’t publicly known. You either need to ask the staff about it or know someone who knows about it. Kinda of like a secret food club!
One of my favorite taco shops in town is like that and it wasn’t until recently I discovered their street corn because a friend recommended it. Seriously so good!
Have you ever heard of street corn? When she first told me to try it, I thought “How good can a bowl of corn be?” The best corn I’ve ever had. It’s seasoned with chili powder and a hint of cumin. There is also lime juice which just makes the whole dish and it’s topped with queso fresca.
My husband and I fell in love with my homemade version and decided that it was our new favorite side dish for our Mexican Food recipes!
Street Corn (Serves 4)
- 16 oz Bag Frozen Corn
- 1/2 Small Yellow Onion, Diced
- 3 TBSP Butter
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 2 TBSP Mayonnaise
- 2 TBSP Lime Juice
- 3 TBSP Cilantro, finely chopped
- Queso Fresca
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add in frozen corn and onions and cook for about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. You’ll want brown bits to slightly form on the corn and onions, but not too much.
- Season with the salt and pepper during the cook time.
- Turn the heat off and sprinkle in chili powder and cumin.
- Fold in the mayonnaise, lime juice and 2 TBSP of cilantro and mix until combined.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish the remaining cilantro and a generous amount of queso fresca. Lightly sprinkle with a pinch of chili powder to add a bit more color.
- Serve with a few lime wedges on the side.
Some other fun recipes from My Name Is Snickerdoodle!
FREE EMAIL COURSE
5 Low Cost Tricks to Make Your House Look Like $1 Million
It's Lolly Jane's 5 FAVORITE Tricks to spruce up your space affordably.
Don't miss these!