I’m working on a fun little family gallery wall for our media room/playroom. I saw this sign on my sidebar ads from Joss and Main, then I saw it again on Pinterest and knew I could knock if off with my house colors for free! Since I have a vinyl cutter and scrap bead board, this literally took me 20 minutes. I love it! If you follow me on Instagram, you’ll have already seen this too (; It’s a quick craft and it’s not as professional looking as J+M but instead playful which is perfect for the spot I’ll be using it in (reveal coming soon). Do you like my Home sign decor Joss and Main knockoff??
I do love the original, it’s so pretty..
But I like my knock off too… I have blue walls so the J+M sign wouldn’t have worked for me anyway. Here’s how you can make your own:
- 11″ x 14″ bead board
- stencil |House clipart HERE, Heart clipart HERE
- Americana acrylic paint |Mustard Seed + Bahama Blue
- Foam Paintbrush
- Apply stencil, just pick out HOME + the heart.
- Tip: Apply ModPodge Matte to avoid runs, it will seal edges!
- Paint Outside of the house + inside HOME mustard.
- Paint the heart aqua.
- Remove vinyl + give it a light sand when dry.
How easy is that!? I love a cute, quick sign projects!
In fact, we’re kind of known for our signs…so much so that we host craft nights a few times a year. Aaaand, we’re hosting a Valentine theme’d craft night this Thursday, email if you’d like to come! Details on our Facebook page!