I skipped the french bread, although this sauce would have been PERFECT to dip it in (; I did include my hubby’s favorite drink, cream soda, and it was a great combination with this delicious dish. He helped himself to seconds, so I know he lovely love loved it! I have a confession: this is my first time ever making chicken parmesan. I know! Where have I been?! LOL The hubbs asked me if I made the sauce from scratch because the tomato puree tasted THAT fresh. Shh! It will be our little secret, m’kay? (;
- 4 large chicken breast, sliced ½ in. slices
- salt and pepper
- 1 can (28 oz.) Classico™ Heavy Tomato Puree
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup plain or Italian-style breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- On a large baking sheet, arrange sliced chicken in a single layer.
- Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and preheat grill pan over high heat.
- Grill chicken just long enough to create grill marks on both sides.
- Spread half of the tomatoes along the bottom of a 9″x13″ baking pan.
- Layer grilled chicken next.
- Top chicken with remaining tomato puree and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- While cooking, combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Remove cover; sprinkle topping evenly over the surface.
- Return to oven uncovered and bake until golden brown, about 5-8 minutes.
A big shout out to my main squeeze for being a food critic (two thumbs up! Haha!) and for spending 11 years of wedded bliss by my side ♥
I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias® and Classico #cbias #SocialFabric #CookClassico. All opinions are my very own.