I have a confession: I am a liquid gold digger. Yes, I would rather spoon with a yummy bite of melted cheese than my husband. There, I said it! If you’re like “What are you talking about?!” then you better head over to Velveeta’s FB page to see if you’re a liquid gold digger, too! LOL
We had the opportunity to review Velveeta’s 2lb. loaves and create something yummy. I make a taco soup variation at least once a week so I thickened it up, removed a few ingredients, added a few more and ended up with a creamy cheesy chicken chili, (inspired by Velveeta’s chili recipe.)
I made this meal for a friend who is having a new baby this week and simply doubled the original recipe for her family of 6. It made plenty for them and an extra large bowl for my hubby (since I “taste tested” my meal! Oops! Sorry I’m not sorry! Ha!) Of course I love a good bowl of Velveeta mac ‘n cheese or queso dip (holy moly, have you tried their queso blanco?! To die for delish!) but this dish provided a full meal that brought creamy comfort to their dinner table, I’m sure…. paired with spanish rice and bag of tortilla chips + salsa, it is for sure on my weekly menu rotation. Oh, and it only took 20 minutes to make! (Check out more easy recipes at www.Velveeta.com.)
I headed to Walmart to pick up all of the ingredients, which you can read more about here. As you know, Lolly Jane is not a foodie blog by any means BUT, we do love to eat so making quick meals is right up our alley. This meal is mostly canned items but you can replace the canned chicken with chicken breast, soak your own beans and add in some ripe tomatoes to freshen it up a bit.
The cheese really makes the meal. I’ve never soaked my chili in cheese before, usually just adding a sprinkle on top but man alive! My taste buds came to life and the Velveeta is what makes this instantly creamy. And delish. And addicting. (;
- 1 Lb. Velveeta (cut in 1″ cubes)
- 1 can Ro-Tel diced tomatoes and green chili
- 1 jumbo can of pinto beans
- 1/2 C. Stokes green chili sauce
- 2 large cans of chicken breast OR 1 lb. of shredded chicken breast
- McCormick white chicken chili powder
- 1 large onion (optional)
- Add chicken with onion and cook until onions are browned (around 7 minutes.)
- Toss is remaining ingredients, except Velveeta.
- Stir occasionally until all ingredients are warmed.
- Add Velveeta and stir until melted.
- Simmer on the LOWEST setting until ready to serve.
- Enjoy! (: Please pin for your friends to try this too!
Well, we are off glamping for the weekend, which reminds me: if you have a Dutch oven, this recipe would be fab to serve around the campfire! Mmmm!
or our Southwestern Club Sandwich!
I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and their client.